[mythtv-users] QAM, MythTV, and SchedulesDirect

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Fri Nov 30 15:27:26 UTC 2012

On , Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Mike Atkinson <kdx7214 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> So where do I get the XMLTV id number to begin with?   I'll check
>> out
>> mythweb (once I get it working) but still not sure where to find the
>> xmltv id for each channel.
>
> You can get the xmltv id numbers from schedules direct.  Just do a
> report for your lineup.
>
> Schedules Direct knows all the virtual channel numbers, call signs,
> and xmltv ids.  What it doesn't (always) know is frequencies and
> program ids.  You have to do that mapping manually.
>
> Tune 23-7 and look at it.  Does it look like CNN?  If so, then look
> up
> CNN in Schedules Direct and set the xmltvid associated with CNN for
> that channel in mythtv.  Repeat for all the channels you care about.

Cross index it with the qam channel list for your zipcode on
silicondust.com

http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

I wrote a script in my VDR days which took schedules direct data and
cross matched it to silicondust and a channel scan and made a fairly
good guess as to which channel was which.  Not much help for MythTV but
I usually look at all three.  Also, it's worth downloading your channel
lineup with scte52scan too and using that to cross match channels.