[mythtv-users] Shutdown Issue - Need Help

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:27:00 UTC 2012

I noticed this around .25 on mythbuntu 12.04

stop mythtv-backend or /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop

I would just end up killing it to death.

So what's the syntax if I really want to shutdown myth backend for
some reason?  I always have recordings running 24 hours a day.

mythshutdown -u
mythshutdown --safeshutdown
mythshutdown --kill_this_dam_thing
kill -9 PID