[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 25 21:40:40 UTC 2012

On 11/25/2012 09:43 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> I'm running Mythbuntu with 0.24. I've found where to setup keys, but
> most of the keys on the remote don't seem to do anything - as in, I
> get to the dialog that says "Press the key you want to assign" (or
> something like that), but most of the keys on the remote don't cause
> any response.
> Does this mean, as Mark has been suggesting, that I need to install
> and configure LIRC before the rest of these keys will work ?
>
> If so, then I see this as more of a system issue (it's not
> processing/mapping most of the codes it receives) rather than a Myth
> issue. I don't think it's fair to blame Myth for ignoring events it
> isn't told about.

by X), and there may be Qt-support issues (we can only use keys Qt knows
about***), but we also don't provide any default mappings for some of
the VCR keys (because doing so is likely to mean many users would have
to unmap some/most keys then re-map them to work properly with their
remote layout).

Mike

*** Depending on Qt version:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qt.html#Key-enum