[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Nov 25 14:43:26 UTC 2012

Dean wrote:

>**** And, yes, I really mean "VCR" buttons, and not DVR buttons.
>IMHO, fast forward and rewind are only actions performed by people
>who are thinking in VCR terms.  DVRs are random-access, so there's
>no need to fast forward, and I can't think of a situation where
>you'd get a benefit from fast forwarding versus just skipping some
>appropriate-for-what-you're-skipping amount.

+1 to that. I don't use FF/RW at all - I only ever use the jump keys.

BTW - this may sound a daft (or at least basic) question ...

I'm running Mythbuntu with 0.24. I've found where to setup keys, but
most of the keys on the remote don't seem to do anything - as in, I
get to the dialog that says "Press the key you want to assign" (or
something like that), but most of the keys on the remote don't cause
any response.
Does this mean, as Mark has been suggesting, that I need to install
and configure LIRC before the rest of these keys will work ?

If so, then I see this as more of a system issue (it's not
processing/mapping most of the codes it receives) rather than a Myth
issue. I don't think it's fair to blame Myth for ignoring events it
isn't told about.

--
Simon Hobson