[mythtv-users] How to setup Harmony remote and HP IR receiver?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:39:45 UTC 2012

> Mythbuntu will do all this for you.  Start up the
> mythbuntu-control-centre, select the receiver, and type of remote (Windows
> Media Centre), check the "Generate dynamic button mappings", and optionally
> the "Generate frontend restart mapping" and apply.

When I start the Infrared app in mythbuntu-control-centre I can see where
I choose the type of remote (from the drop down list under "Enable a Remote
Control", but where do you pick what type of receiver you have? Is it the
radio button labelled "USB & Serial Remote support via LIRC"?

I've done all this and restarted the lirc daemon and see this in
/var/log/syslog:
Nov 21 23:27:55 mfe1 lircd-0.9.0[5284]: lircd(default) ready, using
/var/run/lirc/lircd
Nov 21 23:27:57 mfe1 lircd-0.9.0[5284]: accepted new client on
/var/run/lirc/lircd

But when I run irw and press buttons on the Harmony remote, I see nothing.
Ditto for when I run irrecord or mode2 (after stopping lirc).