[mythtv-users] Setting up a new backend from scratch

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:32:50 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 05:09 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
> Yep, it's running, and I can login using my username & password.

Just in case, "my username" sounds like it could be "harry",
you must test using "mythtv". But I suspect you know that.

And, like Nick suggested, that mythtv its password exists in ALL
copies of config.xml and mysql.txt. locate -b '\mysql.txt' '\config.xml'

Next step: mythtv-setup --logpath /tmp and exit.

Then pastebinit /tmp/mythtv-setup.20121119231914.6749.log (or whatever
file was created. Post the link returned by pastebinit here. If you
don't have it, sudo apt-get install pastebinit (I've become a bit fan
of it.)

--
Bill