[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Time Check Routine.

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 07:06:07 UTC 2012

ahhhh -g, good to know...  I'll have to fix that in my startup scripts.  As far as clock sync goes, the mythbackend server is also my internet router.  So it sync's it clock from internet sources.  All my computers in the house sync clock from the NTP Server running on my mythbackend/router.  That way if the external references does fail at least all the machines in the house will agree with the servers time.  The server's clock is fairly stable as the motherboard in that system is maybe 6 months old.  Other machines in the house, especially the one in my bedroom is 3-4 years old and tend to loose sync a little faster but usually not enough to make ntp mad about not syncing the clock.  It was just the one system that was off during Daylight Savings time that failed to adjust and then made ntpd mad enough to not fix the clock.