[mythtv-users] Help with stutter

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Fri Nov 16 21:56:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Jason Gauthier <jgauthier at lastar.com> wrote:
Hey all,
   I'm running two HD-PVRs from two Cisco STB running 1080i.  The frontend/backend TV is 1080i.  I have a bedroom set that is 720p.
All is well!
I decided to change my STBs to 720p.  Now, what I have is stutter on my frontend/backend that is running at 1080i. All the time, not just a little.
The frontend at 720p is fine.
I am using VDPAU, and I've tweaked the setting with the playback.  I started with VDPAU High Quality.  I moved to normal and have tried several of the deinterlacers.
Nothing seems to be doing the trick.  I'm not sure why this is, perhaps it's the video being upscaled that is causing the issue.
I'd appreciate some help figuring this out, if anyone has some suggestions.
Thanks!

>First start recording playback or live tv or where ever you see the problem and tail the mythfrontend log file looking for audio/video errors, like buffering errors etc

I am not sure if there are relevant errors.
Perhaps this one?
Nov 16 16:50:01 mythtv mythfrontend[5669]: E CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2308 (VideoStart) Player(1): Video sync method can't support double framerate (refresh rate too low for 2x deint)

Nov 16 16:50:00 mythtv mythfrontend[5669]: E CoreContext audio/audiooutputalsa.cpp:172 (GetPCMInfo) ALSA: snd_pcm_info_get_card: Operation not permitted
Nov 16 16:50:00 mythtv mythfrontend[5669]: E CoreContext audio/audiooutputalsa.cpp:975 (OpenMixer) ALSA: no playback control PCM found on mixer device default
Nov 16 16:50:00 mythtv mythfrontend[5669]: E CoreContext audio/audiooutputalsa.cpp:550 (OpenDevice) ALSA: Unable to open audio mixer. Volume control disabled
Nov 16 16:50:01 mythtv mythfrontend[5669]: E CoreContext filtermanager.cpp:243 (LoadFilters) FilterManager: Failed to load filter 'colorspace', no such filter exists