[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut and keyframe cuts off

Ken Scales ashtonprairie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:25:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Running the latest lossless cut and noticed the last few times that I
> did cuts (after running the keyframe adjust script) that it would cut
> a second or two earlier than the keyframe I had chosen. Just noticed
> this in the last few days.

Ian, possibly related:  MythTV has 3 mechanisms for populating the
recordedseek table (used by the cutlist editor)
  - the original recording process
  - mythcommflag --rebuild
  - mythtranscode --buildindex

These generate different data in the recordedseek table.  I have found that
for my OTA ATSC recordings, "mythtranscode --buildindex" produces the most
accurate values, and I now have a user job that runs a script to do this
automatically for any recordings that I plan to edit. (This is in both 0.25
and 0.26.)  You may want to give it a try to see if it helps you get closer
"WYSIWYG" from the cutlist editor.

Further info in ticket http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10584#comment:5
and more discussion here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/520055#520055

Hope I entered those links correctly -- long lurker, novice poster ;-)