[mythtv-users] Auto-started Mythbackend = Remote Mythfrontend connection failure

Darethehair darethehair at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:23:30 UTC 2012

On 16/11/12 09:35 AM, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> The networking doesn't wait for the backend to come up (if it did,
> what would happen on systems without a backend?). The backend will
> wait for some networking to come up before it starts (networking that
> isn't lo).
>
> How long does it take your system to boot up completely?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

I should have been clearer in my speculation -- what I meant is that on
my backend server, it appears as though the networking is starting
*after* the 'mythtv-backend' scripts run.  So putting a delay in the
'mythtv-backend' script to wait for the network would not work.

I just installed 'bootlogd' (I wonder why something so useful isn't
installed by default?), and the new '/var/log/boot' seems to confirm my
suspicions:

Fri Nov 16 10:11:17 2012: [ ok ] Starting MySQL database server: mysqld . ..
Fri Nov 16 10:11:20 2012: [info] Checking for tables which need an
upgrade, are corrupt or were
Fri Nov 16 10:11:20 2012: not closed cleanly..
Fri Nov 16 10:11:22 2012: Starting MythTV server: mythbackend .
Fri Nov 16 10:11:24 2012: [ ok ] Starting network connection manager:
NetworkManager.

To answer your original question, it takes about 1:45 for my Atom 330 PC
to boot completely to a desktop, complete with a wireless connection.
Hmmm...

Thanks