[mythtv-users] VDPAU errors on ATI OpenGL playback profile

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:09:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder why am I seeing following VDPAU errors on ATI card?
> Nov 15 15:36:29 mythtv mythfrontend[5612]: E CoreContext
> mythrender_vdpau.cpp:343 (CreateDummy) VDPAU: No VDPAU device

Because VDPAU is a nVidia only proprietary API.  The message
"No VDPAU device" is the hint.  ATI has their own proprietary API,
but the only support for HW decoding with ATI cards in MythTV is
via the VAAPI API, although your mileage will vary as to how well
it works (some people have had success, others not so much; the
list archives have the reports).

Gary