[mythtv-users] Migrating from UK EIT to XMLTV guide ?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 14 22:26:49 UTC 2012

>> However I've been pretty underwhelmed with the RT data, so I'll be
>> sticking with EIT for now. The source of the RT program ids are still a
>> mystery to me but I now think that EIT crids are going to be the way of
>> the future.
>
> The programids are made up by mythfilldatabase to match the
> schedulesdirect programid style.

Of course! Thanks for pointing that out - it was really bugging me.
Especially as I noticed US TV listings using the same ids. I've spent so
many years swearing at that irritating "do you want to run
mythfilldatabase" popup that I must have a blind spot where it is
concerned.

> Its been suggested to transport the crids from various sources through
> xmltv into mythtv via a dedicated episode-num system but so far no one
> stepped up to do the work.

Now I can see where this has cropped up before. Is this "dedicated
episode-num system" documented anywhere or is it still a blank sheet of
paper ?
I've only just started poking around the code so I'm still pretty low on
the learning curve. Hopefully next year I'll have more time to help out.

> But as others have already hinted, crids are just another system to
> identify content, but they are not global. If you are looking for that
> you need to get tvbrainz off the ground so we can start building an
> internet scale episode id.

I'm sure you're right but I'm not familiar with musicbrainz and this is
way over my head at the moment...