[mythtv-users] Avoid HD-RecordingAvoid HD-Recording

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Nov 12 18:21:22 UTC 2012

On 12/11/12 18:03, Chris Lewis wrote:
>> Sure there is.  I use:
>> MythWeb ==> TV (tab) ==> Upcoming Recordings ==> <desired program title>
>> ==> Advanced Options (Display) ==> Preferred Input ==> <desired [Std Def]
>> input> ==> Update Recording Settings
> Which assumes your interest inputs are either sd or hd exclusively. All of
> my inputs carry both sd and hd channels. If SD is that important I'd select
> the specific channel you require
(Fixed top posting)

For Freeview, we have SD channels and HD channels - since the SD ones are MPEG
and the HD ones are H.264. This means I can set up a separate source for the HD
channels and this makes selecting the channel of interest much easier.

You are somewhere where they carry SD and HD broadcasts on the same channel?

Mike Perkins