[mythtv-users] mythupchuk -- another script for maintaining UK channels

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Nov 10 10:54:13 UTC 2012

On 09/11/12 18:36, Chris Dennis wrote:
> On 09/11/12 18:05, Stephen Robertson wrote:
>> The invalid data lines is caused by callsign and/or name being blank.  I
>> got round that error by putting something in for those fields.  As I
>> was deleting them anyway it didn't matter what.  I was/am planning on
>> updating it to cope with that which I will push back.(Chris incorporated
>> a couple of minor changes I made previously).
>
> I thought I had already fixed it to put something into missing name/callsign
> fields -- I'll check again.
>>
>> The other lines suggest that you have duplicates in your database.
>
> Indeed.  I always delete the existing channels before retuning, either directly
> in via MySQL (deleting all records in tables 'channel' and 'dtv_multiplex' where
> sourceid is the source that I'm retuning), or via mythtv-setup (the channel
> editor will delete all channels for a source).

You should not delete the contents of dtv_multiplex, unless you have made a
really bad hash of your database.

If you do that, you will have to scan everything again and possibly filter out
the muxes which apply to you.

Now that the digital switchover is complete bar some minor twiddling the mux
table will not change very much at all. If you leave that table alone you'll be
able to select the "scan existing transports" option and save yourself a big step.

--

Mike Perkins