[mythtv-users] Skipping sound with some News Feed podcasts under .26

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 04:05:54 UTC 2012

I mentioned this back when I had some HDMI problems, but since
everything else is fine, I thought I'd start a new thread.

I've checked out a few podcasts and one I occasionally listen to, Adam
Carolla's, doesn't play properly through Myth .26's Information
Center->News Feeds

The other podcasts I've tried sound fine, but this one sounds like
it's skipping forward...that quick scanning sound of bits and pieces
of voice/music that you get when you fast forward on some mp3 players.

I was able to listen to this just fine under Myth .25 and Ubuntu 10.x
but since moving to 12.04 and .26 this one podcast has become
unlistenable.

Any ideas? The rss feed for the podcast is here:
http://theadamcarollashow.libsyn.com/rss

MythTV Version : v0.26.0-29-gbcd34da
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2