[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Is there a simple way to just tell it to play an album?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Nov 8 22:57:13 UTC 2012

On 08/11/12 06:57, Paul Onley wrote:
> Ha Ha. I said sensible idea :) You can browse the directory tree and add
>

> Would it be possible to add the ability to navigate the tree in 10%
> increments with the number keys like the previous mythmusic did.

I added back that feature to my fork sometime ago
https://github.com/paul-h/mythtv/commit/8a9910a. I've pinged Stuart
Morgan a couple of times about it but I don't believe I got a reply from
him.

> Alternatively, If you want to get creative go with a binary search,
> each keypress splits the previous chunk in half. One down goes to the
> middle with half the list above and half below, one up splits the
> chunk above in half and goes to the middle, one down splits the chunk
> below in half and goes to the middle.... This approach would allow
> navigation to any location within a list of 10,000 entries in less
> than 15 presses of the up and down arrows on the remote.

Its a clever idea but do you think most MythTV users will know what a
binary search is? It would just confuse the hell out of most people.
I've got a similar number of tracks to you and using the button list
search I can usually find the artist I'm looking for in 6 or 7
keypresses (2 of those are to open and close the search popup) so I win :).