[mythtv-users] Varying data formats during digital reception

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Tue Nov 6 10:38:28 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 06 November 2012, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 05/11/12 23:26, JP Moitinho de Almeida wrote:

> >> Or:  mv infile.mpg infile.mpg0
> >>
> >> dd bs=1M skip=35  count=40 if=infile.mpg0 of=infile.mpg
> >>
> >> adjust the skip number and see if it plays in Myth, then omit the count.
> >
> > The link has a 10 Mb clip where the format changes. With this short
> > version the frontend gives up without hanging, but the problem is
> > clearly there.
> >
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20086953/myth_samples/12002_20121104214000.mpg
> >
> > (thanks for the dd, I was missing the skip option)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > ZP
>
> For me vlc plays for 35 sec, mythtv as a recording (overwriting a short
> recording made here) or as a video for about 30 sec until the presenter
> walks on, then returns to the Watch Recordings screen.  If that's where
> you see the problem it might be better to have more data after it.
>
> There's a change in aspect ratio just after the yellow countdown, but
> that doesn't seem to be a problem.  I didn't notice it initially.
>
> You might find the vlc  'Tools > Codec info' informative.
>
> All in MythTV 0.25.3.
>
> John

The problem happens with the aspect ratio change, which played without
problems in 0.25.

After updating to 0.26 the video stops there and then the frontend player
stops. With a longer sample the frontend player takes (much) longer to give
up.

The log is full of "AFD: Unknown decoding error" messages (text written from
memory).

Regards

ZP