[mythtv-users] France24 English HLS feed?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 02:36:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was on a site yesterday (livestation?) and saw that there was an
>>> feed for France24's English language news. Looking at the wiki,
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:HTTP_Live_Streaming_Recorder, I
>>> see an entry for the French language version.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if there's a playlist address we can use for the
>>> English version.
>>>
>>> As an OTA'er, I'd love some form of a 24hr channel for news events.
>>> Wish CNN would do this, even if it was on a subscription basis.
>>
>> Have you tried replacing fr with en in the two places in the French
>> language URL?
>
> I wish I had thought of that. :-)  I'll give it a try later today.

Tried adding that URL as a playlist with the instructions in
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Setting_up_HTTP_Live_Streaming_Recorder
but it didn't create a channel like it did when I used Jean-Yves'
playlist. I'll copy this to Jean-Yves and maybe he can add it to his
playlist (http://www.avenard.org/files/media/playlist-hls.m3u).

Jean-Yves: do you know if France24's English feed is available outside
of livestation? If so could you add it to your playlist?

Thanks!