[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Is there a simple way to just tell it to play an album?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri Nov 2 19:46:07 UTC 2012

On 02/11/12 17:46, Chris Lewis wrote:

>     Well I don't want to drag up old ground so I guess I'll just set
>     about making playlists for the albums.  I have to say it seems
>     counter intuitive though.
>
>     Chris
>

> No I must be stupid.  If i create a play list for a whole album how do
> i tell mythmusic to just play it!
>
> Chris

You don't have to create playlists for every album that would be silly.
MythMusic has an active playlist or play queue you add tracks to. You
basically find the album you want to play or a track from it and then
add the tracks from the album to the active play list. You can find the
album by browsing through your music on the  Playlist Editor - Tree or
Gallery views or use the search view to find a track from the album then
use the Quick playlist -> Tracks from Current Album option. If it's an
album you play regularly you could save the active playlist to a regular
playlist or create a Smart Playlist which would allow you to quickly add
the album to the active playlist later.

Once you begin to understand how it works it becomes easy find what you
want to play simply by browsing through the music tree and adding or
replacing the tracks on the active play list.

Paul H.