[mythtv-users] hdmi audio nvidia gt220 lucid 0.25

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Nov 2 18:31:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 09:07 +0100, Andre wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2012, at 08:59, Nick Rout wrote:
>
> > I have an nvidia gt220 card in a lucid machine running 0.25 fixes via mythtv repos.
> >
> > I can't get hdmi audio to work.
> >
> > The following data points seem relevant:
> >
> > kernel 2.6.32-44-generic
> > cat /proc/asound/version - 1.0.21 (suspect a problem here)
>
> Yes, you need 1.0.24 (maybe .23) at least
>
> There are ppa's around for this.
>

> > nvidia drivers are 195.36.24
>
> You may need newer nvidia drivers too, my gt220 under lucid certainly had much newer drivers but this was all a while ago.
>

> > *get a newer alsa version via some ppa or other (if so which one)
> >
> > *ditch the current os and install 12.04 (which is probably future proofing as I will want to move to 0.26 and beyond soon anyway, but I'll only do it now if it will fix this right now).
>
> The GT220 HDMI works straight off with 12.04 I have a 12.04 machine with GT220 and HDMI worked straight away with nvidia-current drivers (even the Ubuntu packaged ones).
>
> Andre

There is iQuik audio ppa for lucid that updates the alsa user space to
1.0.24.

There is an alsa backports kernel module 1.0.23

In proposed lucid:-
linux-backports-modules-alsa-lucid-generic

I would try the backports module first (1.0.23), the iquik ppa was
recommended for getting HDMI audio working etc..