[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Is there a simple way to just tell it to play an album?
gordon.mccrae at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:59:05 UTC 2012
On 02/11/12 17:46, Chris Lewis wrote:
> Well I don't want to drag up old ground so I guess I'll just set
> about making playlists for the albums. I have to say it seems
> counter intuitive though.
> No I must be stupid. If i create a play list for a whole album how do
> i tell mythmusic to just play it!
He actually updated the code so that you could do things like this
SLIGHTLY more intuitively.
1) Press "M" for menu.
2) Select "Switch View"
3) Select "Playlist Editor - Tree"
4) Use the Cursor keys to move down to "Artists"
5) Press "Right Arrow" to move over to the list of Artists.
6) Move up and down the list using the cursor keys until you find the
Artist you want.
Once you find the desired Artist, you can Press "Enter" and it gives you
the option to "Replace tracks" or "Add tracks" to the current playlist,
which will automatically start playing.
7) If you want to pick a particular Album, then press "Right Arrow" to
move into the next column.
8) Press "Down Arrow" to move down to "Albums"
9) Scroll through the list of Albums until you find the one you want.
10) Once you find the desired Album, you can Press "Enter" and it gives
you the option to "Replace tracks" or "Add tracks" to the current
playlist, which will automatically start playing.
Obviously no where near as simple as the old MythMusic, but slightly
better than having to find stuff otherwise.
It's especially a pain if you have a long list of artists, as their
listed in alph order, so a lot of scrolling is required.
I read somewhere that there will be further "improvements" in 0.26, but
I've not been able to try it as it's not available for OpenSuSE as a
package yet on packman.
Once again, not wanting to get into the MythMusic argument.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users