[mythtv-users] Upmixing with 0.25

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sun May 20 15:47:27 UTC 2012


On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>
> On Sunday, 20 May 2012, Karl Newman wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> If that were an option, I would have already done it and not even
>> bothered with the software setup. My amp is a very simple Cambridge
>> Soundworks 5.1 system with one coax SP/DIF input and no effects. I
>> can't justify the expense to upgrade right now. This setup worked for
>> about 4 or 5 years. It's only now that I'm having problems.
>
>
> There's been no changes in myth in regards to that particular behaviours for
> years.. In fact, it's pretty much always been behaving like this. So there
> must be something else you've changed in the mean time that would cause the
> problem.
>
> And don't say you haven't changed anything other than myth, probably the
> original bug you mentioned was completely outside of myth... Did that too
> work for years?
>

Oh, I absolutely changed a ton of things, which is definitely a
complicating factor. I had to rebuild the system after my AMD + nVidia
motherboard died. I replaced it with an Intel core i3 system, and
completely rebuilt all the software with modified USE flags (this is a
Gentoo system). Also during this process I upgraded MythTV to 0.25 to
get VAAPI support. But, the only thing not working now is Myth.

I think mplayer opens alsa in a blocking manner by default, too,
because there is a "noblock" option that you can pass to it.

Karl


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list