[mythtv-users] Storage group question

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Mon May 7 16:21:14 UTC 2012


On 05/07/2012 11:48 AM, Martin Moores wrote:
> On 7 May 2012 16:44, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
> <mailto:greg12866 at nycap.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have a lot of TV series ripped to my hard drives.. They are spread
>     over 6 hard drives... They are each in their own folders  like this,
>     Star Trek/Season 1/ name of episode.... I have central folder called
>     TV_Series and all the TV series are linked using symbolic
>     links....This way they are all presented under one menu sorted in
>     alphabetical order... I recently read where this isn't the proper
>     way to do this...My question is how would I get the same results
>     using a different scheme?
>
>
> Create the same file structure on each hard drive, "TV_Series" for
> example.  Then, in mythtv setup, add each of these drives as a storage
> group under Videos.  As long as the folder structures match on each
> drive, myth will combine them and show them in the frontend as one
> single storage area.
>
> Martin
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Thanks, I will give that a go...


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list