[mythtv-users] Still Missing EIT

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 5 20:02:11 UTC 2012


On 05/05/2012 03:45 PM, David Godfrey wrote:
> OneBob wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Thanks Thomas for the reply but the reason I don't use the grab data is
>> that at least the EIT (when it works) data is responsive to quick lineup
>> changes, so when things overrun it's clever enough to change the timings
>> (I've always been surprised at how well that works...)
>>
>> I've since removed all my Freeview channels and done a full tune, every
>> channels back in it's normal place but still missing EIT on Film4 etc.
>>
>> Can anyone at least give me a clue as to why this might be? It makes no
>> sense as obviously the data is arriving otherwise my other channels would
>> be void of data...
>>
>> Any help gratefully received,
> Hi
>
> I had the same problem with Film4 etc. What worked for me was
>
> Deleting the Freeview 'Video Source' and recreating it.
>
> Assigning the 'Input connections' to the new source.
>
> Deleting all the Channels and doing a new Channel Scan.

If done properly, deleting the video source will delete the channels.  
Use "Delete all video sources" to clean them up.

> This got me to a state where now and next programmes were appearing
> in the guide. To get the full 7 days I had to switch off the EIT
> scanning with
>
> echo "update channel set useonairguide=0;" | mysql mythconverg;
> /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart
>
> a few hours later I switched the scanning back on and the guide
> quickly populated as normal.

Ideally, you'd use the channel editor in mythtv-setup or mythfrontend to 
do this, and if you wanted a quicker way, you could just disable EIT on 
each of your capture cards, or with a single checkbox, disable it on the 
video source.

Since you actually wanted EIT data, though, this step didn't do 
anything--except delay retrieval of that data.  Likely you just needed 
to wait a bit longer before the actual EIT data got in (versus just the 
now/next).

>   Oh yes, I ran mythfilldatabase at
> probably every step.

Running mythfilldatabase is only ever required if you actually use XMLTV 
or Schedules Direct for any of your listings sources.  And, re-running 
it is only required if you ever change your lineup/channels/video source 
in such a way that you have new channels that need listings data.

> I have no idea how much of the above was necessary and I did not take
> notes so may have forgotten important steps.
>
> (I am running Gentoo/mythtv-0.23.1_p27077)

The steps that were most likely required/to have fixed the issue were 
"Delete all video sources" followed by re-creating the video source and 
re-scanning the channels.

Mike


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list