[mythtv-users] MythMusic Multiple Folders

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue May 1 21:27:49 UTC 2012


On 01/05/12 21:53, Jim Oltman wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org
> <mailto:eric at lisaneric.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Jim Oltman <jim.oltman at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jim.oltman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >  There are a couple reasons they are in different folders.  The
>     best reason
>     > is that if I have my Christmas music in the same folders as my
>     "normal"
>     > music, then when I hit ALL SHUFFLE, I could get some Bing Crosby
>     White
>     > Christmas in the middle of July.  I'm not a fan of that idea.
>
>     But why do that with folders?  Isn't that what the genre field is for?
>
>     Eric
>
>
> I generally do a "shuffle all" when I have MythMusic on.  I hate
> creating playlists.  So creating a list with all genre's except
> Christmas and Classical is just too difficult.  I just wish there was
> a way to integrate the three programs I use so I can create a playlist
> once, and not have to dink with it any further. 
>

Have you tried using MythMusic's smart playlists? It's should be easy to
do what you want so long as your tracks have good genres set.

Paul H.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20120501/9f17e357/attachment.html>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list