[mythtv-users] Access Mythtv from Roku

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 18:51:45 UTC 2012

Well, I got MythRokuPlayer installed on my roku2 device.  While the
installation was fairly straightforward, I am now experiencing SQL errors
when I try to load mythtv_tv_test.php.  Yay ... more fun researching a
solution =)

Unfortunately, my backend is too old (Athlon64 3200+), so transcoding on
the fly is not possible for me at this time.  I also discovered that the
FIOS channels I record through my HDHomerum Prime are encoded in MPEG-2.  I
was originally hoping that I could watch my recorded shows from the roku
without having to transcode the shows.  Since the roku2 only supports
MPEG-4, that is now a pipe dream.

A slightly different question; are there any media devices out there that
can interact with the mythbackend and allow me to watch my HD shows on an
SD TV without any transcoding involved?

-Rob