[mythtv-users] mythvideo - dvd playback stutters

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:39:09 UTC 2012

On Mar 28, 2012 9:06 PM, "Jeremy Jones" <jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to ubuntu 11.10 and swapped out an ati video card for
> an nvidia.  I'm running vdpau normal playback profile and it works
> flawlessly for recorded 1080i content.  Mythvideo however stutters on
> a dvd that I watched just last night with no problem (both with the
> ati card and with ubuntu 11.04). I found some posts about the audio
> upmixing causing dvd stutters, so I set my audio to stereo and tried
> again, but it did not have an effect on it.
>
> Any ideas on where to look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy

Upon further review it looks like the video is playing fine. The
'stuttering' is really just the audio cutting in/out.  Furthermore it is
just in the opening scene and menu that it happens.  This same issue is
repeated on both discs with the intro video and menu.

What's strange is that it did not use to do that with the same two dvds.
I'm not using digital audio (so my video card swap should not have affected
it), and the only other change was software, so at this point I'm guessing
this is not a mythtv issue.

Thanks,

Jeremy