[mythtv-users] Has MythTV bricked my HD-PVR?

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:59:41 UTC 2012

> Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:13:33 -0400
> From: lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Has MythTV bricked my HD-PVR?
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Yianni Vidalis
>  wrote:
>

> lirc_zilog is not loaded and never has been through this ordeal. The
> issue is not with the hd-pvr IR transmitter, but with the IR receiver.
> If I load ir-kbd-i2c to use with another IR receiver, the hd-pvr
> senses this and gets involved, and then craps out.

I'm a bit behind on the lirc/kernel issues because I just use a mceusb with the basic lirc support. I gave up trying to
use the ir-blaster of hdpvr last year when I realised that my pace ds 831ns STB was not speaking a language any lirc device could
understand.

The only loading option I found for ir-kbd-i2c is:

parm:           hauppauge:Specify Hauppauge remote: 0=black, 1=grey (defaults to 0) (int)

Maybe you can try reverse the value it loads? assuming you don't have any other hauppauge device
that needs this setting. Just a thought.