[mythtv-users] 0.25 Remote setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 28 02:55:02 UTC 2012

On 03/27/2012 09:26 PM, Dave Badia wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> The implementation meant that the script ... only worked with LIRC button presses (so no audio feedback when using a keyboard to initiate an action).
> I know this is an old thread but in prep for .25 I have to ask....
>
> I recently setup a bluetooth remote and am using this functionality in
> 24-fixes to execute a script on certain keypresses.  I couldn't use
> irexec since the bluetooth remote is going through the uinput module.

If you're not using LIRC, you're not using the LIRC keypress application
in whatever version of MythTV you have (as described in the part of my
message I left, above).

> Since this feature is removed in .25, is there some other way to get
> irexec like functionality for a normal key press event?

Or are you saying that you never used this functionality, but it sounds
like what you want?  You're trying to set something up, new, and wonder
what you use with 'keyboard' type input?  (If so, something like Erik
mentioned or just map a key using your Window Manager's key bindings.)

Mike