[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24.2 Renagade Tuner

Jeffrey Preston jpreston at longlines.com
Tue Mar 27 08:01:50 UTC 2012

I find that the front-end client I have running (purely as a troubleshooting tool) on the Master Backend often complains that the Master Backend is not running, and it asks me to check to see if the IP address set for it is correct.  However that message goes away after a few minutes, and everything works as expected.  Does this mean that even though I have the IP set as a fixed address, that my NIC may be lazy and is going bad on that system, or is this behavior somewhat "normal".  Also, does this have something to do with the issue of the renegade tuner, that seemed to resolve itself after a little housekeeping done by Myth over-night???