[mythtv-users] pluggable mythtranscode

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Mar 26 18:32:20 UTC 2012

On 12-03-26 02:22 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> Not quite.  He's wanting something that actually manages data access,
> and routes audio and video streams around.

Ideally, and assuming I could write back remotely, yes.  But in reality
given that direct file(system) access is currently necessary to write
the transcoded file back out, requiring remote access via mythtranscode
and the pipes is probably an artificial requirement at the current time.

> The wrapper stub

Assuming you mean the aformentioned
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Transcode_wrapper_stub>, it's actually
probably sufficient.  I think.  I assume that commflagging survives such
a transcode?  I guess if framecounts don't change then it should yes?
What if I did an inverse telecine in my transcoding though, reducing the
overall frame count from 29.97 per second to 24?  Would the commflagging
data become invalid?

b.