[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others

Mike Chinander chinander at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:36:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:

> Now, when I try to record some Extended Basic channels like USA-W or FOOD
> off of the HDHomeRun Prime, the recording starts but no bits get written to
> my backend store. No error messages that I can find get logged. Other
> Extended Basic encrypted channels like HISTORY record just fine. All clear
> QAM recordings from the HDHomeRun work fine as before.
>
> I am dead in the water and at a loss as to how to proceed to resolve this.
> Any ideas?

Can you check the vstatus on those channels that aren't recording. e.g.,

mike$ hdhomerun_config discover
hdhomerun device 201131C8 found at 192.168.184.169

mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 set /tuner0/vchannel 181

mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 get /tuner0/vstatus
vch=181 name=Food Network HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a

Also, you can point your browser to the ip address of your Prime and look
at the log to make sure everything looks correct on the Prime, independent
of MythTV.

--Mike