[mythtv-users] 0.25 Metadata v. Mac OS X

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:26:56 UTC 2012

Hi

On Saturday, 24 March 2012, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Google yielded mention of py2app
> <http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html>.  The
> py2app documentation says:
>>Packages that were explicitly included with the packages option, or
>>by a recipe, will be placed in Contents/Resources/lib/python2.X/.
>>A zip file containing all Python dependencies is created at
>>Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages.zip.
>>Extensions (which can't be included in the zip) are copied to the
>>Contents/Resources/lib/python2.X/lib-dynload/ folder.

I have used py2app in the path, and what it does is similar to what our
perl script is doing, look at the dependencies and copy them in the bundle.
However, our packager ignore any system files. While with python, you
can't.
As such, py2app copies pretty much all python related files into a bundle,
including system python.
An application as such is pretty big, even when you do the simplest thing.

Personally, I don't use on my mac anything else but the fronted, as such I
have very little incentive into making it python bindings working.