[mythtv-users] setting so upnp playback skips commercials / uses cutlist?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Mar 23 02:56:19 UTC 2012

* On Thu Mar 22, 2012 at 06:16:24PM -0700, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Harry Coin <hcoin at quietfountain.com> wrote:
> > My android smartphone offers a few different free 'apps' like skifta that
> > uses the myth upnp server to pass local net links for streaming on the
> > phone.   Is there a setting somewhere I can use so when the upnp player
> > feeds the data it honors the commercial skip list and/or the hand-edited cut
> > list?  Maybe in 0.25??
>
> Quite simply: no.  You will need to transcode (lossless or otherwise)
> to actually remove the commercials from the file.

The plan is to add (optional) auto commercial cutting to the HTTP Live
Streaming functionality built into mythbackend sometime.  Hopefully I can
get time to look at this for 0.26.  This would be playable on an Android
device and any other device, browser, or app supporting HTTP Live Streaming.

--
Chris