[mythtv-users] cancelling queued jobs

Ross Boylan rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Mar 21 22:57:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Michael Watson <
michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:

> On 22/03/2012 9:08 AM, Ross Boylan wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> > <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 3/21/2012 16:55, Ross Boylan wrote:
> >     > On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 16:39 -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> >     >> On 3/21/2012 16:27, Ross Boylan wrote:
> >     >>> I am getting a raft of "No more queue slots!" from the back
> >     end (until
> >     >>> it filled my disk).  Searching suggests this is from lossless
> >     >>> transcoding going awry.
> >     >> That has nothing to do with the jobqueue, nor does it have
> >     anything to
> >     >> do with the backend.  That is an error being produced by
> >     mythtranscode,
> >     >> indicating something is trying to feed it too much MPEG2 data
> >     at once.
> >     > The reason mythtranscode is running is that there is a job that is
> >     > trying to run it.  I need to eliminate that job.
> >
> Go Into Myth Frontend -> TV -> System Status -> Job Queue -> Select the
> Job, Press Enter -> Select Delete Job (Or Re-queue, then do again to
> delete job)
>
> I can try that, but as I said in my original post mythfrontend is pretty
unresponsive (as in it doesn't even show anything but the background) while
the transcode is going ape.  And I'm not sure that delete does any good if
the job is already in progress.

I think before I shut down the backend before I killed the transcode, since
I was hoping that stopping the backend would stop the transcode.  Maybe if
I kill the transcode while the backend is running the backend will notice
that it's a failed job and give up.

Ross