[mythtv-users] Web based 'cutpoint' editing

Mario Weilguni roadrunner6 at gmx.at
Wed Mar 21 22:04:35 UTC 2012

Am 21.03.2012 22:00, schrieb Brian Long:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Mario Weilguni <roadrunner6 at gmx.at
> <mailto:roadrunner6 at gmx.at>> wrote:
>
>     Am 21.03.2012 14 <tel:21.03.2012%2014>:20, schrieb Brian Long:
>>     On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Mario Weilguni
>>     <roadrunner6 at gmx.at <mailto:roadrunner6 at gmx.at>> wrote:
>>
>>         Am 21.02.2012 02 <tel:21.02.2012%2002>:12, schrieb Anthony
>>         Giggins:
>>         > I can confirm 0.6 is working correctly for me, also the
>>         delete cut
>>         > function is now working correctly thank You Mario
>>         >
>>         > Cheers,
>>         >
>>         > Anthony
>>         >

>>         I just uploaded
>>         http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.7.tar.gz with
>>         some fixes, cleanup, moving cutpoints around and the ability
>>         to load
>>         existing commercial flagging from the database.
>>
>>         I've tested it with IE7/IE8, and can confirm some rendering
>>         errors, will
>>         try to fix them soon. IE9 is ok, Chrome and Firefox too.
>>

>>     Mario, I'm just giving this a spin and noticed you're using
>>     short-tags in certain parts and long-tags in others.  Since many
>>     PHP servers have short-tags disabled by default, would you
>>     consider replacing all short-tags with long-tags in your next
>>     release?  Also, could you include a README for the basic
>>     requirements for an Apache config file?  I copied the Directory
>>     entry for mythweb and removed the Rewrite rules.  I also had to
>>     modify db.php to point to my config.xml.  Mythweb uses entries
>>     from Apache's config to know the DB name and creds.  Maybe
>>     mythcut could use the same variables (db_server, db_name,
>>     db_user, db_password)?
>>

>     I'm working on that, a lot has changed, a lot of stuff
>     fixed/modified. If you're curious and adventurous, you might want
>     to try
>     http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.11.tar.gz
>     <http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.7.tar.gz>
>
>     However, there are still things I'm working on, but my time is
>     limited ;-)
>

> Thanks Mario.  Here's a patch for long-tags and two spelling errors:
> http://pastebin.com/g9t14HxC
>
> /Brian/

Thanks! The patch did not work für 0.11, but I fixed that.
http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.12.tar.gz
<http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.7.tar.gz> supports now the
setenv variant (though I think, this type of configuration is simple
braindead and broken by design, why does mythtv need to have
/etc/mythtv/config.xml, /etc/mythtv/mythtv.txt AND another type of
credentials hidden in the apache configuration? Bad practise.

It's still unfinished, the load commercial breaks option still does not
work. However, it should work.

Regards
Mario

<http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.7.tar.gz>