[mythtv-users] List of "query location" states?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 21 12:42:05 UTC 2012

On 12-03-21 08:24 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Hi there.

Hi,

> I have a problem with tuners occasionally getting stuck, resulting in
> zero-length recordings. In order to recover I need to:
>
> 1. Stop the backend
> 2. Power down the tuners (which are USB-connected) for 10 seconds
> 3. Wait for the tuners to re-initialise
> 4. Start the backend

Wouldn't it make more sense to put your efforts into resolving the real
problem -- that being the tuners getting fouled up and needing all of
this other rigmarole to get them back into working order?

Of course this may require working with the developers of the driver for
the tuner to make it more stable and robust.

b.