[mythtv-users] Audio Configuration crashes in mythfrontend

Oskar Ahner oskar at osz.nu
Tue Mar 20 13:56:13 UTC 2012

Jean-Yves Avenard skrev 2012-03-20 03.59:

> On Tuesday, 20 March 2012, Oskar Ahner <oskar at osz.nu
> <mailto:oskar at osz.nu>> wrote:
>
> > OS: Debian squeeze but with updated ALSA to 0.25 and Nvidia drivers.
> >

> FWIW, I'm willing to bet that it's alsa crashing because it wasn't
> upgraded properly.
> Make use you install drivers, libraries and utilities: there are three
> things to upgrade.
>
> However, do *not* use 1.0.25 tar balls from alsa project if you are
> using nvidia drivers. It will not work, and at best you will get no
> audio at all.
> If you want the latest alsa drivers, you must use the latest copy from
> their git tree. Or use 1.0.24.

Yes, thanks a lot ! I re-installed the old versions of all ALSA-packages
(drivers,libs and utils) belonging to Squeeze (0.23). And recompiled and
reinstalled mythtv 0.25pre and now there is sound in mythth. The only
thing needed is the NVidia drivers (for the motherboard model I use).
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
/Oskar

GressLink AB
Oskar Ahner
Box 7, SE-134 21, GUSTAVSBERG