[mythtv-users] Help with unbreaking channels.conf import for 0.25 appreciated

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Mar 20 09:02:19 UTC 2012

Hello fellow users,

I'd like to fix the channels.conf import but I've run out of time
(I'm relocating in a week) and my simple patch doesn't work as expected.

As the channel scanner has some subtle bugs you can make many other
users happy if they can fall back to an external scanner (like w_scan)
for the 0.25 cycle.

The issue with the import is that it does not handle the DVB
original_network_id, transport_id which are used for reading the
transmitted EPG.

I've got the patch to read and store the data ready, it compiles, but
doesn't work. It just takes someone with time and basic C++ skill to
take a second look and spot my mistake :-)

My patch is here
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/7701/0001-unbreak-DVB-channels.conf-compile-tested.patch

Btw, the issue seems to be somewhere around the PARSE_xxx macros.

Thanks for your help,
Karl