[mythtv-users] 0.25 - livetv fails when starting on aspecificchannel

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Mon Mar 19 22:01:03 UTC 2012

>>> I'm not actually using NFS, I'm using samba/cifs to mount it locally.
>>> However, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to change.  When the local file
>>> system
>>> is mounted, LiveTV does not work unless AlwaysStream is turned on.
>>> If you can't point me in the right direction as to what I do to fix that
>>> other than the work around, I'm all for learning.
>>> I should also mention that it is ONLY with Live TV.  All other playback
>>> (videos, recorded shows) works fine on this remote machine without
>>> the "AlwayStream" setting.
>> If I had to guess, it sounds like the same sort of issue Mike was
>> discussing about the attributes being cached. My guess is that samba
>> is caching info about the file (like update time and file size) and
>> then not getting timely updats to let it know that the file was
>> modified and new data added. Thus it's sitting there waiting for new
>> data, oblivious to the fact that new data is already there. I don't
>> know what setting you'd change to correct this, but maybe this will
>> help you figure that out.

>Yep.  See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/393841#393841
>.

>And the request to update the wiki page if LookupCacheEnabled works
>still stands (as it still says ttl).

>Mike

LookupCacheEnabled did not work.  Same issue.  Maybe I'll try to mount them
via NFS (I'm not married to CIFS, I mostly work in Windows and it worked the
best for connecting with the rest of my computers).

In the long run it won't matter, I'm probably going to move transcoding back
to the MBE and have this SBE just do commflags once I can get th eissue I'm
seeing in the other thread resolved.