[mythtv-users] OTA program guide garbled

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Mar 19 19:26:44 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 21:39 +0100, Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 17.03.2012 03:22, Ross Boylan wrote:
> >
> > The guide routinely gets garbled, most commonly with the description of
> > one show ending up under a different one. Sometimes the titles are off
> > too.
>
> I was browsing open bugs today and noticed a potential fix for
> "description ends up on wrong EIT event".
>
> See http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10067
>
> Regards,
> Karl
>
> PS: I haven't seen the issue for quite some time myself.
Thanks for the tip.  I've since discovered that my signal was really
poor yesterday--some loose cables.  Most shows I tried to record were
cut off.  So I guess if the transmission was sufficiently bad the usual
markers between programs in the EIT (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/EIT for
those like me who don't know what it is) could be lost.  I wasn't able
to find any clear pattern in the scrambling, but the listing provided
did seem to be from other shows on the same network.  For example, the
description for the NCAA tournament was probably for the Craig Cilbourn
show late that evening.

BTW, what's the relation between the over the air program information
and mythfilldatabase?  Does the latter trigger on OTA update, or is it
strictly for other data sources (which I'm currently not using)?

On system status / listing status I always see
WARNING: is mythfilldatabase running?
I'm not sure what's up with that, since the time of the last
mythfilldatabase does advance as time progresses, and I'm not running it
manually.

Ross