[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun Prime, CableCard, LiveTV works

Richard Nickle ricknickle at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:49:02 UTC 2012

Bob Mertz replied:
>> I've had a Mythbuntu 10.04 installation for about 2.5 years now, been solid
>> as a rock really, but my cable company is going all digital this week so I
>> got an HDHomeRun Prime.
>>
>> It seems to me that I need version 0.24, although I was able to tune it in
>> from both Windows and using the regular HDHomeRun drivers for MythTV 0.23
>> with patches.
>>

>I may be incorrect but I think for the Prime tuners you should really
>have at least 0.24-fixes. When I purchased my Prime tuner I just did
>the upgrade to 0.25 before trying anything and once I figured out
>exactly what I needed to do I really didn't have any issues at all.

Thanks Bob!

I'm running 0.24-fixes, I was just explaining my reasoning for going to 0.24-fixes, wasn't sure if it was necessary.

I'm able to tune to the Prime without any trouble from the 'Watch TV' interface, its just that the recording sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

As a test I scheduled 4 things last night before I turned in, and this morning only 2 of the four things were recorded, the other two had 376 byte stub .mpg files in the recording directory.

Sounds like I should take a leap and upgrade to 0.25, I'm willing to do that, I was staying away from it because it sounded like the development trunk.

-- ricknickle at hotmail.com