[mythtv-users] audio buffer underruns [partly solved]

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 01:21:16 UTC 2012

On Sunday, 18 March 2012, Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

> There is a distinct possibility that the recording has some glitches
> because of imperfect reception.  But I'm not sure that's relevant.  For
> example, if I exit out of viewing the recording, restart viewing, and
> skip to the spot where I had problems, it (usually) plays OK for awhile,
> and then runs into trouble later on.

You are seeing audio errors because there's no video to play (for what
reason I'm not sure: incorrect recording, corrupted video, whatever)

As there's a decoding error, there's no more audio coming in to play. Once
the audio buffer is empty, you start seeing buffer under runs.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you're issue isn't with your audio
configuration.
So there's no much point trying to tweak things there.

Now if you want to continue doing so, feel free to do it.