[mythtv-users] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: eed7862e8 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Mar 17 13:05:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then it sounds like your Ceton card is being treated as an unscannable
>> digital tuner (i.e. perhaps because it's not a supported device in
>> 0.24-fixes?).
>>
>> If so, you'll need to either add those channels and mark them as not
>> visible in the video source where they shouldn't be used or use
>> --remove-new-channels.
>
> I'll leave --remove-new-channels for now, the plan is to upgrade it to
> 0.25 soon anyway and we'll see if it's still an issue then.

As far as the Ceton code goes, 0.24 and 0.25 should be pretty much the
same. I don't know if the rest of the myth code would behave
differently, but as far as what Mike guessed, yes my code reports the
Ceton as unscannable, in both 0.24 and 0.25. Although my code does
work with QAM in both 0.24 and 0.25, it is primarily cablecard based.
The ability to tune QAM channels was trivial to code, so it's included
in my code. But it assumes that you properly setup your channels with
the frequency/program number for it to do this. I never actually added
a QAM channel scanner for the ceton. So the result is that QAM kinda
works, but it's only a partial implementation.

I'm not familiar with how mythfilldatabase works with regard to
scannable vs unscannable tuners. From Mike's comment, I'm guessing it
infers from this whether or not it's safe to add new channels from the
SD data. If using the --remove-new-channels doesn't work for you, or
causes issues with your HDPVR guide source (I'm guessing you DO want
those channels added automatically, which won't happen with
--remove-new-channels), then the other possibility is for you to give
a shot at changing the code. In cardutil.h there is a function called
IsUnscanable. Perhaps removing the CETON part from this function will
solve the problem. Of course, I haven't tested that and can't say what
else it may affect.

--
Ron Frazier