[mythtv-users] Scanning a MythVideo storage group from remotefrontend

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at byu.net
Sat Mar 17 02:01:36 UTC 2012

Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> When I initiate a MythVideo scan from a remote frontend which uses
> storage groups, all the data just gets wiped from the database. So it
> seems as if it's scanning the local filesystem instead of the remote
> storage group on the backend.
>
> Is this expected behaviour? Maybe it hasn't been implemented yet?

I've been doing this as well today with Mythbuntu 11.10 (I believe that's
0.24-fixes).

I noticed that my metadata just keeps disappearing if I change themes, etc.
The database is doing something weird as well, as a lot of my movies are in
there twice (once with metadata, once without.  Is this expected behavior?
Why does the metadata disappear depending on which view you select and which
theme you select?

I'm getting tired of editing the metadata on my videos and then watching it
all disappear.  Very non-intuitive whatever it's trying to do.

Brian