[mythtv-users] Switching between passive and active EIT scanning

Joe Nyland joe at joenyland.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 13:34:23 UTC 2012

> How does one switch between passive and active EIT scanning?

mythtv-setup -> Capture Cards

Edit the relevant DVB card(s)' recording options - there is a toggle
to choose either active or passive EIT collection.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this setting present for a HDHomeRun tuner? The reason I ask is that I remember specifically looking for such a setting at one point, but I was unable to find it. Maybe it's only supported for non-HDHomeRun type tuners.

Thanks,

Joe

I've just checked, and I don't have the option you describe.

Please see these screenshots:

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8272/screenshotmythtvsetupre.png <http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8272/screenshotmythtvsetupre.png>

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6756/screenshotmythtvsetup.png <http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6756/screenshotmythtvsetup.png>

Any ideas why I've not got this option?