[mythtv-users] Switching between passive and active EIT scanning

Joe Nyland joe at joenyland.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 11:11:45 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
Sent:Fri 16-03-2012 11:02
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] Switching between passive and active EIT scanning
To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org;
On 16.03.2012 11:44, Joe Nyland wrote:

> I would like to know how to enable passive scanning specifically, but I
> can't work out how to do this.

Passive scanning means to collect EIT data while you are recording on
the multiplex anyway. It is always enabled. (but can be turned off on a
channel by channel basis)

Regards,
Karl

That's what I was able to suss out from reading lots of emails in the archive, however I've not received any EIT listings for channels with "useonairguide" set.

I've also seen this a couple of times in the logging table in the DB: "TVRec(1): EIT scanning disabled for all sources on this card."

Thanks for your help.

Joe