[mythtv-users] Switching between passive and active EIT scanning

Joe Nyland joe at joenyland.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 10:44:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

Whilst I've been searching for an answer to this for a while now and found no results, this must have been asked before.

How does one switch between passive and active EIT scanning?

I know the setting is there for EIT scanning in the Video Source section of mythtv-setup - which seems to just run an active scan permanently on my system. If I disable this setting, it completely disables EIT all together.

I would like to know how to enable passive scanning specifically, but I can't work out how to do this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Joe