[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates failing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 15 18:13:08 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 11:14 AM, Brian Long wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Brian Long wrote:
>
>> I've just noticed TWC changed a bunch of channels a few days ago, so I
>> have some bad recordings.  I'm primarily using a STB + HDPVR with firewire
>> channel changes (stb-command)  I tried running the following:
>>> mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --do-not-filter-new-channels
>> --only-update-channels
>>
>> TLCHD should have moved from channel 275 to 1258 according to
>> SchedulesDirect lineup data, but it didn't.  MythWeb Listings and channel
>> settings still shows it at 275.
>>
>> I'm running v0.24.2-20-g0006ba7.
>>
>> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I'd rather not update the
>> channel settings manually.  Has anyone figured out how to be notified when
>> lineups change like this?  Thanks!
> I ended up pulling up a browser to SchedulesDirect and another tab to
> mythweb to edit the channels manually.  I'm not sure of the best way to run
> mythfilldatabase when channels in a lineup move all over the place.  The
> above command definitely didn't work for me.

What you ended up doing is actually best.  Other options included
deleting the incorrect channel(s) and letting mythfilldatabase re-add
it, or just deleting the video source and then re-adding the video
source and using Fetch channels from listings provider to re-populate it..

The --do-channel-updates argument is extremely course-grained in its
messing with channels, and can break things in your configuration.
Deleting a channel or two and letting mythfilldatabase re-add the
channel(s) ensures you only affect the channel(s) that are broken--so
all your other channel configuration remains correct.

Mike