[mythtv-users] Compiling 0.25/trunk on Windows

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:43:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> I've got mine set up with a profile using ffmpeg to decode and opengl
> to render. Didn't work with any combination of settings under 0.24, is
> working fine with 0.25 (although I can't playback videos...recordings
> are fine, videos aren't. Haven't figured that out yet, it's fine on
> all my other frontends)

Thanks! I changed the profile to use opengl and the video looks great,
whether it's a recording or video, are you sure you're using
'Internal' for the videos?  Now the problem is that when you exit the
video it never recovers to the menu.  The console is has:

Clearing OpenGL painter cache.
OpenGl1: Deleting OpenGL resources.
TV: Exiting main playback loop.
MythRenderD3D9: Present() failed)
MythRenderD3D9: The Device was lost and needs to be reset.

The MythRenderD3D9 lines are then repeated endlessly until you close
the console window.  Something is making it think that Direct3D is
still being used.

Bob